Position: Social Media Intern
This is an amazing opportunity to learn as you work with us to make positive change in the world. The chosen candidate will work closely with our management team who’s professional resume includes over 25 years combined experience in media production, marketing and social media, branding and design, plus C-Level corporate sales; in addition to knowledge within the organic farming industry.
The social media intern will assist our over reaching goal of spreading awareness on al aspects of sustainable and conscious living through events and creating high-quality video content that is shared across all social and media platforms.
Social Media Initiative
Our goal is to become the “go-to place” for local, national and global independent and mainstream news media for information on farming, sustainable living, nutrition, yoga, meditation, and social change by growing a content rich website, anchored by daily video content and viral social media campaigns.
Maya Papaya has a fun work environment, yet we are very focused and driven by our mission and seek to work with people who share in our vision to make the world a better place. The ideal candidate craves learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects. We are seeking an individual with a fairly strong understanding and experience in all social media platforms. Our Social Media Intern will get to work on real projects that will help in our growth.
The Social Media Intern will deepen their skills in research, while generating and curating content using social media channels on behalf of Maya Papaya Farm, as well as collaborating on a plethora of viral campaigns centered on sustainable living. Duties will include but are not limited to: market research, press releases, social content generation, monitoring and creating trending topics while ensuring MP remains a first-adaptor to new social media channels as well as help in logistics of our event planning and promotion.
What We Require
- Background in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields
- Strong communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office.
- STRONG Knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Vine
- Ability to write creative, high-quality copy in a timely manner
- Passion for the environment, organic farming and social change strongly preferred
- Experience shooting/editing video preferred
- Graphic Design experience preferred
Please submit resume including brief cover letter telling is why you want to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position starts Fall, 2015
12-20 hours per week